Bill Legalizing Adult-Use Marijuana Approved by Senate, Sent to Governor – World News Report

Trenton – Acting to implement the public referendum legalizing adult-use marijuana approved by the voters, the Senate today approved and sent to the Governor legislation sponsored by Senator Nicholas Scutari and Senate President Steve Sweeney that will create the organizational and regulatory system needed to oversee the operations of the cannabis industry in New Jersey.

“This will usher in a new era for social justice by doing away with the failed policy that criminalized the use of marijuana,” said Senator Scutari (D-Union), who has fought for legalization for close to a decade. “The legalization of adult-use cannabis will also launch a new industry that will create jobs and economic activity that will generate funds to aid the communities hurt the most by the ‘War on Drugs.’ New Jersey will now be a leader in legalizing a once stigmatized drug.”

The legislation, S-21, would dedicate 70 percent of the sales tax revenue and 100 percent of the “Social Equity Excise Fees” on cultivators to aid “impact zones,” the communities hurt most by the drug laws. The remaining 30 percent of the sales tax revenue…

Original Author Link click here to read complete story..

Trenton – Acting to implement the public referendum legalizing adult-use marijuana approved by the voters, the Senate today approved and sent to the Governor legislation sponsored by Senator Nicholas Scutari and Senate President Steve Sweeney that will create the organizational and regulatory system needed to oversee the operations of the cannabis industry in New Jersey.

“This will usher in a new era for social justice by doing away with the failed policy that criminalized the use of marijuana,” said Senator Scutari (D-Union), who has fought for legalization for close to a decade. “The legalization of adult-use cannabis will also launch a new industry that will create jobs and economic activity that will generate funds to aid the communities hurt the most by the ‘War on Drugs.’ New Jersey will now be a leader in legalizing a once stigmatized drug.”

The legislation, S-21, would dedicate 70 percent of the sales tax revenue and 100 percent of the “Social Equity Excise Fees” on cultivators to aid “impact zones,” the communities hurt most by the drug laws. The remaining 30 percent of the sales tax revenue…

Source link

Latest posts